Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
Posters are great avenues to showcase one’s creativity. They allow artists to express themselves in countless ways. Posters are designed to be both eye-catching and convey information. The followings will show you some sophisticated artworks printed on quality posters which can admire yourself.
Script fonts have their issues. They can be bold and brash, yet legible. Or they can be beautifully curvaceous, yet a bit tough to decipher. What you need is a font that’s “just right.” The perfect balance between the two is the Gioviale typeface from Laura Worthington.
This gorgeous script font includes 300 swashes, more than 1,000 glyphs, 20 ornaments, 20 discretionary ligatures and more! Gioviale is available as both a Desktop font (files delivered in .OTF and .TTF formats) and Web font (supplied as .EOT, .SVG, .TTF, and .WOFF formats). The Desktop version is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
Gioviale normally sells for $37 (for the Desktop version), but for a limited time only, you can get this practical and pretty script font for only $15! That’s almost 60% off the regular price! OR get both the Desktop and Web Font versions together for just $22!
Sometimes, you may find it difficult to look for some of the highest quality photoshop tutorials using search engines. As most of time, almost all tutorials would label themselves to be good, high quality or even the best photoshop tutorial you can find. When searching through all these tutorials, your time is wasted.
In order to save your time, Photoshop Lady has been spending almost a whole year to search for the best photoshop tutorials for you. Eventually, we come up with The 100 Most Popular Photoshop Tutorials of 2009. These are selected from our published tutorials, with over 1 million votes and views from our Photoshop users and readers. Enjoy.
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
Photoshop Lady Forums Launching
Under Photoshop Articles ( Author: Photoshop Lady )
We aim to generate a Photoshop Community for Photoshop user in order to allow the users to swap tips, link up the worldwide designers and to have experience sharing.
Apart from these, you can also advertise your business there such as selling your personal design drawings / logos / others.
What do we do for your submission?
We are very welcome for everyone of you submitting your tutorials. Once we find your submission is appropriate for our readers, the submission will be published on Photoshoplady.com.
Why we have such a forum idea?
This forum idea is initiated when we launched “Photoshop Lady”. We are taking the steps to provide more resources to the Photoshop designers. As above-mentioned, we aim to provide a Photoshop Community for Photoshop users as well as acknowledge for our readers who have been giving us lots of opinions and supports.
Why you choose our forums to discuss, post your artworks, submit your tutorial or run your business on our market places?
So far, we have got the worldwide trust and developed a good brand in the Photoshop world. Over 2000 new visitors and 4400 RSS readers visit “Photoshop Lady” to read our post as routine. It is noted that a foundation has been set up. Therefore, whatever you are doing on our forum e.g. swap tips, link up the worldwide designers, experience sharing or advertise your own works. It will bring you a very positive and optimistic result.
In our Photoshop tutorial sections, 7 little forums are categorized as below:
1. General Forum Discussion,
2. Photoshop Techniques,
3. Drawing Tutorials,
4. Abstract Tutorials,
5. Photo Editing Tutorials,
6. 3D Tutorials,
7. Text Effect Tutorial
In order to specialise the Photoshop users and designers, we divide the tutorials categories into 7. Users and designers can easily choose the right area to go to and concentrate on a single topic as prescribed.
Moreover, if you want to have extra income and you are confident with your personal creation. We are welcome you to sell your products on our market places. These places allow you to buy / sell various products like e-books, Photoshop tutorial, other Photoshop related products. Our forum is “Not” like others, as charge or commission will not be induced. Based on our strong foundation, it is believed that our Photoshop forums will provide a certain exposure for your personal products or artworks.
At the end, we are very pleasure you giving us a lot of supports. We still need your supports in the future.
Let’s Come to our Forums and Open your discussion!
We are happy to announce another massive giveaway from Inky Deals that comes with a free pack of premium resources worth $66. The freebie is sent to the email address you use to enter the contest and is part of The Epic Bundle: $20,048 worth of Top-Quality Resources – From $49.
About Inky Deals
Inky Deals is the place to go if you want premium resources at unbeatable prices whether you’re a graphic or web designer, developer, or business owner looking to improve yourself and your work. They’re the only ones who offer a 200% money back guarantee on every product. This means that if you’re not happy with it, you get your money back and you also get to keep the product.
Take advantage of this opportunity to win an 11” MackBook Air and 1 of the 10 Epic Bundles: $20,048 worth of Top-Quality Resources – From $49!
What Can You Win?
You’ll get a surprise free pack of premium resources worth $66 sent to the email address you use to enter the contest. Take a look at what’s inside the The Epic Bundle: $20,048 worth of Top-Quality Resources – From $49:
10 lucky winners will be chosen from the list of participants and each one of them will win a free copy of The Epic Bundle: $20,048 worth of Top-Quality Resources – From $49. One of the 10 winners will also take home an 11” MacBook Air!
How to Enter the Giveaway:
To enter the giveaway, please use the widget below. You can gain more entries by leaving a comment, tweeting about the giveaway and sharing it with your friends.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you for participating, you’re now part of Inky’s extended design family! Sit tight, because you’ve just embarked alongside 300,000 of your peers on a ship that will lead you to great professional and personal development.
There are thousands of photoshop tutorial authors have been able to gain exposure, traffic and recognition by submitting their own photoshop tutorials to Photoshop Lady. Just fill in the following form for the submission. After moderation, your submitted photoshop tutorials will be appear on all single pages of Photoshop Lady, and gain instant traffic for Free immediately.