Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
Happy New Year! Photoshop Lady Group would like to say thank you very much to everyone who has been supporting Photoshop Lady in the past and we do hope our contents can inspire and help you with your artwork creation. Some published great tutorials from 2014 have been selected in this article and hope you guys like them. Enjoy!
As a designer, sometimes it’s difficult to get started on a new project. Maybe You will need to scour the web for inspiration, or doodle on a notepad to hopefully get some ideas. That’s when you need to look through collections of freebies.
Fortunately, enhancing your web design doesn’t have to cost a small fortune or take a lot of time. Here are 10 Awesome Freebies for Designers that can help enhance your web presence today.
1) Vector Icons
200 vector icons are fantastic for use on all manner of sites. With subjects ranging from science to entertaining, the vast scope of the icons means that you’re bound to find something useful.
This vector icon pack includes 200 vector shapes, meaning you can scale them up as much as you like and they’ll stay sharp. Each file includes AI, EPS, PSD and JPG files. They’re good for use on both personal and professional projects.
2) CORP responsive WordPress theme
CORP is a clean and versatile theme that’s absolutely packed with features. The simple grid layout provides an ideal frame to hang your content on, it’s ideal for corporations that need an online presence in a hurry, or as a starting point for any business whose brand image projects organization.
The theme was tested up to WordPress 3.5.1; it features the drag and drop GT3 Page Builder; it’s fully responsive and retina ready; it’s coded with SEO and best practices in mind; Google webfonts are supported; different header layouts are available; custom menus, backgrounds, modules, shortcodes and widgets are all included; there’s a premium slider plugin; complete documentation; and much, much more…
3) Flat Rounded Social Icons
Flat design is all the rage, and trend-conscious clients are beginning to ask for redesigns to meet the current fad for all things flat. Here is a set of free almost-flat social icons which is designed to embrace flat design without surrendering to it completely, the set is a great way to iron out your current design.
4) Flowing Borders & Ribbons
Here is a set of 46 hand-drawn frame and ribbon vectors. Scribbled onto a page and then digitized, the liberated borders look like they were drawn in the heyday of UPA cartoons; I half expect to see Mr. Magoo, or Gerald McBoing Boing, come wandering across the page.
Add a light watercolor wash and combine them with a heavily scrolling script typeface and they’d make a lovely, and personal feeling, addition to any wedding stationery.
5) Colorful Grunge Textures
This set of 25 Colorful Grunge Textures is perfect for use as overlay textures on your photos. The pack contains 25 .jpg textures at 5000 by 5000px saved at 300ppi. The textures are compatible with all photo editors that support layers (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, GIMP, Pixelmator etc.), both PC and Mac.
6) Modus Versus PSD Template
Modus Versus is a free multi-purpose PSD template, designed on the 1170 grid system. Excellent for use with responsive frameworks like the popular Twitter Bootstrap, it could form the basis of a good corporate site. It would be an ideal choice for a marketing or professional services company, or you could pick it apart and use elements of it in other projects.
7) Flat UI Kit
Flat design is more of a rejection of 3D artifice than it is a style, which fits so perfectly into the contemporary landscape that it’s already hard to envisage a time when it wasn’t de rigueur. To help you take the leap into flat design WebDesignerDepot put together this great freebie: A free flat UI kit.
8) Bluetron icons
This is a set of 40 fantastic icons called Bluetron. They are available as PNG files (256 x 256px). You can use them for free for both personal and commercial purposes. The icons were designed by Waqas Ahmed who’s the founder and blogger of The Art Times and Lead Designer at Iconic Graphics.
9) Ultimate Social Icon Set
This is a social icon set which contains all the latest icons needed for you social needs! It includes a total of 75 icons, provided in three sizes: 16×16, 32×32 and 64×64. The file is free for personal and commercial use.
10) Exclusive Photoshop Patterns
This one is a Photoshop pattern file (.PAT) which contains 40 beautiful textures that you can apply to your designs. A detailed step by step instruction is provided inside the file to help you use them. You can use these as textures for your websites or any background.
VIP Downloads of Over 2500 Top Quality Design Resources
PhotoshopLady works in partnership with WeGraphics to provide to his community the best design resources at the lowest price. By joining the premium membership, you will get access to ready-to-use sets of brushes, vectors, textures, icons and other awesome stuff paying only 7$/month or 49$/year. The arsenal of design items currently contains more than 2500 resources, with 3 new sets weekly added. And there’s a discount for Photoshoplady’s friends! By using the coupon ‘wp-pslady‘, you will get a 10% off on the yearly accounts (both recurring billing and pre-paid membership).
Want to learn more? Visit WeGraphics.net
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
Emi Haze is a calm, quiet, really creative, and inspired perfectionist. For him, everything has its own importance, images, textures, sounds and fragrances.
In his recent works he tried to merge the human body with nature or rather with the four elements of fire, air, water and earth, and even with a fifth esoteric element: the Aristotelian ether, that includes all the others, the essence of celestial bodies, eternal and unchangeable in comparison with the earth as a place of change. The result is the vision of his imaginative world hanging between reality and fantasy, dream and utopia and in which color and sensitivity have the predominant role.
His artwork “Cosmogony Reloaded” is just the outcome of this idea to be part of the Photoshop 25th Anniversary special advertising campaign. “Cosmogony Reloaded” is on the short film which was featured during the Academy Award Oscars 2015 ceremony.
French graphic designer Sébastien DEL GROSSO shows the process of how to place sketches of his photos on his photos with Photoshop. Sébastien DEL GROSSO uses photos taken with natural light, referring to drawings whose pencil strokes are fast and nervous to give the impression of a construction.
Then the first step is to keep all images in a square format to reinforce the idea of series and work with layers. The second is to scan and clean the drawings then place them on the foreground, in front of the previous image. The third is to use brush shapes to erase some details on the pictures and reveal the sketch. When presenting of the sketch part in the photo, looking realistic and balanced is necessary. And finally, to use the black in subdued mode and the white in inlay mode to obtain better results.
25 Stunning and Creative Photoshopped Ads
As the economy develops, our world has been thick with commercials and advertisements. However, not all the advertisements work as well as what the advertisers thought. Anyway, no one wants to read a boring paragraph of compliment or a long list about the promoted product. It is the creation in the advertisements that can really impress the viewers.
The following are 25 stunning and creative photoshopped ads collected from Creative Ad Awards, which is a new ads collecting website that featured by the most creative ads from the world. Please enjoy it and feel the surprise that the creation brings you.