Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
How to Create an Eye Catching Digital Illustration
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
Emi Haze is an Italian digital artist and illustrator who has a strongest passion for art and painting connected to technology. In his works the human being melts with nature and its four elements to give birth to his inner world, ethereal and imaginative, hanging in balance between reality, dream and fantasy. A harmony that bonds man and nature in a perfect way and which unfortunately nowadays seems to be a utopia.
His style is a mix of all these tools, digital art and photography but also various hand-made elements such as scratches, ink marks, acrylic or watercolour stains. For him, everything in every moment has an artistic side, the aesthetics of things, people around him…everything has its own importance, images, textures, sounds, fragrances, his creativity is constantly stimulated.
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
“Skull” is Colombian digital artist Santiago Betancur Salazar’s last project. Salazar has his own website, which exhibits his fabulous works with different styles. The reason why he presents his “Skull” here is he loves skull, so he shares his works.
Photos belows generally show Salazar’s working process with “Skull” by Photoshop. Skull itself is terrific enough, and Salazar created this “Skull” with creepy grey metal effects. The exquisite vein and muscle details prove Salazar’s skills and attitude. No matter seeing from the front or from the profile, Salazar’s Skull is naturally mixed together with its background, a grey metal skull emerging from its gray tenacious and unbreakable background.
Sometimes, you may find it difficult to look for some of the highest quality photoshop tutorials using search engines. As most of time, almost all tutorials would label themselves to be good, high quality or even the best photoshop tutorial you can find. When searching through all these tutorials, your time is wasted.
In order to save your time, Photoshop Lady come up with Top 10 Icon Design Tutorials in Photoshop. These are selected from our Photoshop users and readers.
Photoshop Lady aims to collect the best and free photoshop tutorials around the internet. All of the high quality photoshop tutorials are categorized into 3D Effect, Abstract Effect, Drawing Effect, Photo Effect, Text Effect, Texture & Patterns and User Interface Design.
You can see the rating and number of views for each Photoshop tutorials.You can add your favorite photoshop tutorials simply by clicking “Add to Favorite”, so that you can revisit them at any time. You can also drag your favorite photoshop tutorials into the bin if you do not need them anymore.
Photoshop Lady is updated daily. Please make sure you have subscribe to our RSS Feed as well, so that you can receive new high quality photoshop tutorials everyday. We are very welcome you to submit your own photoshop tutorials to us as well. There will be more features coming soon. Please stay tuned.
Webydo offers a code-free, fully integrated website design solution for professional web designers. However, what does it take for a designer to start creating sites for their clients? First, after a year, Webydo has become known and widely praised by the creative professional community for their intuitive design studio, feature rich options and ability to continuously develop and add new features for their designers. The best part about all of this is that there is absolutely no code involved.
Innovation is piped in through the air vents at Webydo because what the designers are able to accomplish in a year has taken other similar platforms twice the amount of time. The latest and most exciting feature update is Webydo’s code-free, Parallax Scrolling Animator. Presently only offered in closed-beta, Webydo is granting access to the first 3,000 designers who sign up. Keep in mind that this is a hot feature and picking up a lot of attention and invites are running out quick, so grab yours before this unique opportunity closes.
Webydo’s mission is to put designers in the driver’s seat of every project or task. Good news for designers is that by adding the ability to create a Parallax Scrolling website with their pixel-perfect animator, they can work independently to create and manage websites for their clients that will meet today’s hottest web design trends. We have seen some big names recently switch over to parallax scrolling such as Puma and Sony. In addition, designers can work on a site to site basis or upgrade their work load by signing up for the team or agency packages. This allows designers to have more control over their client’s websites and growing their design agency.
You can place Webydo in the center of your business so that you have the option to do more in less time. It’s not going to be the run of the mill website creator. Getting starting is more intuitive for the experienced designer thanks to the familiar layout that is akin to that of Photoshop or InDesign. Shortening the learning curve and getting designers creating sites either right from a blank canvas or to take inspiration from one of the readymade designs or layout options.
There are some incredible features within this B2B cloud-based design suit. You will be able to create a great looking website from start to finish without using code. You can also bill your clients within the dashboard. When your clients enter the CMS aspect to make any changes to content, they see your logo thanks to the white labeling option, allowing you to not only brand the dashboard but also help clients to see exactly where they are.
The community is really what makes Webydo so unique. The “Participate” page is where designers can propose features and let the community vote. Within a few weeks, the Parallax Scrolling Animator will also be live, which is one of the hottest trends hitting web design right now. In case you’re not sure of what this is, it allows depth, movement, and animation to be added when a user scrolls down the length of a web page. Providing an almost 3D affect, that started picking up popularity in video games and then taking off in 2013 by the web design community.
Webydo’s closed-beta invites are again available for the first 8,000 designers who sign up and they will have the opportunity to be some of the first to experience the freedom of Parallax Scrolling Animation with Webydo.
This article is presented by Webydo’s professional community of designers.
Script fonts have their issues. They can be bold and brash, yet legible. Or they can be beautifully curvaceous, yet a bit tough to decipher. What you need is a font that’s “just right.” The perfect balance between the two is the Gioviale typeface from Laura Worthington.
This gorgeous script font includes 300 swashes, more than 1,000 glyphs, 20 ornaments, 20 discretionary ligatures and more! Gioviale is available as both a Desktop font (files delivered in .OTF and .TTF formats) and Web font (supplied as .EOT, .SVG, .TTF, and .WOFF formats). The Desktop version is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
Gioviale normally sells for $37 (for the Desktop version), but for a limited time only, you can get this practical and pretty script font for only $15! That’s almost 60% off the regular price! OR get both the Desktop and Web Font versions together for just $22!