Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
“Skull” is Colombian digital artist Santiago Betancur Salazar’s last project. Salazar has his own website, which exhibits his fabulous works with different styles. The reason why he presents his “Skull” here is he loves skull, so he shares his works.
Photos belows generally show Salazar’s working process with “Skull” by Photoshop. Skull itself is terrific enough, and Salazar created this “Skull” with creepy grey metal effects. The exquisite vein and muscle details prove Salazar’s skills and attitude. No matter seeing from the front or from the profile, Salazar’s Skull is naturally mixed together with its background, a grey metal skull emerging from its gray tenacious and unbreakable background.
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
Here we got the best inspirations and design resources around the world. Some of the most inspiring images selected by our writers and readers. Take a look at the links we have selected for your inspiration and to keep you updated about what’s going on out there. If you want to participate and share your graphic design inspiration, please feel free to let us know. You can also check out Webdesigner News for more great content from around the web that can be interest to web designers.
Giza Pro Typeface
4K Magazine PSD Mockup
Boris Khalvadjian – Branding
60 Days of Logos
55+ Elements UI Kit
Illustrator Vs Photoshop
Want more? No problem! Keep track of top design news from around the web with Webdesigner News.
Happy New Year! Photoshop Lady Group would like to say thank you very much to everyone who has been supporting Photoshop Lady in the past and we do hope our contents can inspire and help you with your artwork creation. Some published great tutorials from 2014 have been selected in this article and hope you guys like them. Enjoy!
UPrinting.com is a leading socially responsible online printing, marketing and technology firm, has established itself as a major player in the industry with its distinct vision and clear approach to helping small businesses grow. It serves thousands of on-demand business printing and graphic printing orders online daily, using high-quality press printing and a robust yet simple and easy-to-use online ordering system, resulting in high-end printing services and reliable color printing at discount printing costs.
UPrinting.com also offers convenient marketing support such as print design services, custom online printing quotes and direct mailing to help the small or medium-sized business grow. They are committed to social responsibility and eco-friendly printing initiatives that support non-profit organizations and environmental sustainability.
Brochures are usually a marketer’s weapon of choice. They would contain images and text designed to attract a potential buyer into making a purchase. They contain valuable product or service information and are disseminated in places with high foot traffic. A marketing tool like brochures would also work as part of a sales kit. Creative individuals can probably think of other ways to utilize brochures.
Do you need any brochure for your company too? UPrinting offers brochure printing ranging from 50 to 100,00 pieces in quantity, with 100lb Paper Gloss, 100lb Paper Matte, 10 pt. Cardstock Gloss, and 10 pt. Cardstock Matte. Different sizes available in 5.5″ x 8.5″ , 8.5″ x 11″ , 8.5″ x 14″ , 11″ x 17″ and 11″ x 23.375″. Customized sizes are also available too. They have several folding options, Half Fold, Trifold/Letterfold, Z-Fold, Roll Fold and Accordion Fold. Usually the turnaround is only 1 to 3 Business Days.
What are you waiting for? Just try out their service, and I am sure you will love them since then. With the help of their Easy Design Tool, creating a unique design you can call your own is real easy!
Photoshop Lady Forums Launching
Under Photoshop Articles ( Author: Photoshop Lady )
We aim to generate a Photoshop Community for Photoshop user in order to allow the users to swap tips, link up the worldwide designers and to have experience sharing.
Apart from these, you can also advertise your business there such as selling your personal design drawings / logos / others.
What do we do for your submission?
We are very welcome for everyone of you submitting your tutorials. Once we find your submission is appropriate for our readers, the submission will be published on Photoshoplady.com.
Why we have such a forum idea?
This forum idea is initiated when we launched “Photoshop Lady”. We are taking the steps to provide more resources to the Photoshop designers. As above-mentioned, we aim to provide a Photoshop Community for Photoshop users as well as acknowledge for our readers who have been giving us lots of opinions and supports.
Why you choose our forums to discuss, post your artworks, submit your tutorial or run your business on our market places?
So far, we have got the worldwide trust and developed a good brand in the Photoshop world. Over 2000 new visitors and 4400 RSS readers visit “Photoshop Lady” to read our post as routine. It is noted that a foundation has been set up. Therefore, whatever you are doing on our forum e.g. swap tips, link up the worldwide designers, experience sharing or advertise your own works. It will bring you a very positive and optimistic result.
In our Photoshop tutorial sections, 7 little forums are categorized as below:
1. General Forum Discussion,
2. Photoshop Techniques,
3. Drawing Tutorials,
4. Abstract Tutorials,
5. Photo Editing Tutorials,
6. 3D Tutorials,
7. Text Effect Tutorial
In order to specialise the Photoshop users and designers, we divide the tutorials categories into 7. Users and designers can easily choose the right area to go to and concentrate on a single topic as prescribed.
Moreover, if you want to have extra income and you are confident with your personal creation. We are welcome you to sell your products on our market places. These places allow you to buy / sell various products like e-books, Photoshop tutorial, other Photoshop related products. Our forum is “Not” like others, as charge or commission will not be induced. Based on our strong foundation, it is believed that our Photoshop forums will provide a certain exposure for your personal products or artworks.
At the end, we are very pleasure you giving us a lot of supports. We still need your supports in the future.
Let’s Come to our Forums and Open your discussion!
Adam Spizak is senior designer & art director from London, United Kingdom. He has already shown multiple marvelous works created on his own website.
Adam Spizak made this piece of art with photoshop. He shows simple and easy steps here. As for the theme, he explains in his words, “Cold is the water It freezes your already cold mind Already cold, cold mind And death is at your doorstair And it will steal your innocence But it will not steal your substance”. He is expressing the connection among coldness, death and fragment of life. Using a shattered mirror effect with the dark blue background, the theme presents itself naturally.
Let’s participate to “Wix” get the new generation online technology. With “Wix”, you can create your flash website in few minutes.
Who is Wix & What Wix does?
Wix is a power media that provides simple powerful online function to make flash websites, MySpace layouts and variety of online services. Wix has been building up over 300 thousands sites to suit for different kinds of designers or web lovers.
Why choose Wix?
Wix has strong foundation that is able to provide various online services in a professional way. No need to consuming your time to look for different services from different company. You can achieve your quality service in a single point. Especially, you can make your own site by easy drag and drop with its editor. No technical skill is required.
In addition, you are able to find the comprehensive tips and tutorials in Wix as well as have strong supports from its professional team.
Wix has built up a strong worldwide community. In this, you can keep abreast with the latest information about internet. With simply sign up, you can get involved into and enjoy the real experiences sharing.