Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
Photoshop Lady aims to collect the best and free photoshop tutorials around the internet. All of the high quality photoshop tutorials are categorized into 3D Effect, Abstract Effect, Drawing Effect, Photo Effect, Text Effect, Texture & Patterns and User Interface Design.
You can see the rating and number of views for each Photoshop tutorials.You can add your favorite photoshop tutorials simply by clicking “Add to Favorite”, so that you can revisit them at any time. You can also drag your favorite photoshop tutorials into the bin if you do not need them anymore.
Photoshop Lady is updated daily. Please make sure you have subscribe to our RSS Feed as well, so that you can receive new high quality photoshop tutorials everyday. We are very welcome you to submit your own photoshop tutorials to us as well. There will be more features coming soon. Please stay tuned.
You can decorate your walls and expand your art collection with posters from HeyPrints. The amazing quality posters will help you exlpore the world from the comfort of your home. You can also find great posters for your kid’s room as well. Here we have collated a collection of great posters cover all the blank spaces on your walls.
Emi Haze is a calm, quiet, really creative, and inspired perfectionist. For him, everything has its own importance, images, textures, sounds and fragrances.
In his recent works he tried to merge the human body with nature or rather with the four elements of fire, air, water and earth, and even with a fifth esoteric element: the Aristotelian ether, that includes all the others, the essence of celestial bodies, eternal and unchangeable in comparison with the earth as a place of change. The result is the vision of his imaginative world hanging between reality and fantasy, dream and utopia and in which color and sensitivity have the predominant role.
His artwork “Cosmogony Reloaded” is just the outcome of this idea to be part of the Photoshop 25th Anniversary special advertising campaign. “Cosmogony Reloaded” is on the short film which was featured during the Academy Award Oscars 2015 ceremony.
25 Stunning and Creative Photoshopped Ads
As the economy develops, our world has been thick with commercials and advertisements. However, not all the advertisements work as well as what the advertisers thought. Anyway, no one wants to read a boring paragraph of compliment or a long list about the promoted product. It is the creation in the advertisements that can really impress the viewers.
The following are 25 stunning and creative photoshopped ads collected from Creative Ad Awards, which is a new ads collecting website that featured by the most creative ads from the world. Please enjoy it and feel the surprise that the creation brings you.
All Day I Dream About Sneakers
Built for the Concrete Jungle
Don’t Mess with the Legend
Ultragliss Steam Iron. Faces any Wrinkle.
Hole in Lake
The Natural Enemy of Boredom.
In the Arms of Elements
Your walls deserve a paint which will age well
You can’t escape genetics
Perfection Has Its Price
Push the limits of everything
Every city is a mountain
The Insight Story
Retro will always be in. And with this amazing Mighty Deal, you’ll have the ultimate retro and vintage collection! Full of more than 500+ Retro/Vintage Design Elements from Cruzine Design, you’ll find yourself suddenly embracing ornamental headers, frames, and both complex and simple logos, signs and badges. Then there’s the textures, wreath and sunburst shapes, and Photoshop patterns and styles.
These vector files are completely customizable and scalable. Files include Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (.AI and .EPS) formats. Normally this massive collection of retro and vintage design elements would cost you $180, but for a limited time you can get the entire collection for only $27! That’s a whopping 85% off the regular price!
UPrinting is a leading socially responsible online printing company. They’ve been online since 2000 and the company has been established as a major player in the industry. UPrinting serves thousands of on-demand printing using high-quality press printing and a robust yet simple and easy-to-use online ordering system. They deliver high-end printing services and reliable color printing.
UPrinting offers a wide variety of products from business cards, brochures, envelopes, greeting cards, posters, canvas prints and many more. They are specifically proud of our high-quality and eco-friendly prints. UPrinting boasts their eco-friendly printing that uses recycled paper types and vegetable/soy-based inks with lower levels of VOCs than traditional petroleum-based inks to reduce harmful carbon emissions.
UPrinting offers two type of business cards: standard business cards and die-cut business cards. Here are the specs for our die-cut business cards: Sizes to choose from :2 x 3.5″ Rounded Corners, 2×2″ Rounded Corners, 1.75×3.5″ Rounded Corners, 2×3.5″ Leaf, 2×3.5, Rounded one corner, 2×3.5″ Half Circle Side, 2×3.5″ Oval, 2.5″ Circle. Paper to choose from : 14pt Cardstock Gloss / Matte / High Gloss (UV), or 13pt Cardstock Uncoated, 6 Business Days Turnaround.
Sometimes, you may find it difficult to look for some of the highest quality photoshop tutorials using search engines. As most of time, almost all tutorials would label themselves to be good, high quality or even the best photoshop tutorial you can find. When searching through all these tutorials, your time is wasted.
In order to save your time, Photoshop Lady has been spending almost a whole year to search for the best photoshop tutorials for you. Eventually, we come up with The 100 Most Popular Photoshop Tutorials of 2009. These are selected from our published tutorials, with over 1 million votes and views from our Photoshop users and readers. Enjoy.