Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
Design a Great Geometric Lighting Effect
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
3D Spiral Flash Gallery Giveaway Contest
Under Articles ( Author: Photoshop Lady )
The 3D Spiral is a Flash gallery component that displays images on an interactive 3D rotating spiral using the Papervision3D engine.
To obtain different layouts by changing the height and width of the spiral, the viewer can scroll, move up/down and zoom the spiral freely. It includes customizable opening and closing animation styles and a built-in preloader for seamless transitions between thumbs and large images.
Flashloaded offers Photoshop Lady 3 free 3D Spiral Flash Gallery Licenses and each of this currently costs $49.95. We have decided to give away these to our readers. I am sure you would love it and benefit from it a lot.
To participate, you can simply make a post on our Photoshop Forums. And we will draw 3 outstanding posts on 18th Nov 2008. Act quickly and don’t miss this chance to win the new generation flash gallery component.
Digital photography works L’Enfant Extérieur (The Outer Child) was projected by French retoucher Cristian Girotto and Quentin Curtat.
These creative original ideas reveal somewhere inside each of us, there’s a young lively, creative but also innocent and naive kid. L’ Enfant Extérieur makes this analysis come ture, showing us a world of men in the shape of children, as if the body could slip on the elapse of life,though wrinkles, freckles and beards may climb on to faces.
The inspiration of these creations begins from the classical dichotomy that questions itself about the nature of purity and the unavoidability of the corruption, without taking this contradiction too seriously, because children are always children. They like to play. More children are expected……
Submit Photoshop Tutorials
We are really pleased that you would like to submit your Photoshop tutorials. Due to the sheer quantity of submissions we receive, we charge a small minimal fee of $50.00/each to submit your tutorials to Photoshop Lady. It helps to keep the site going, and ensures that we can respond to your submission within 48 hours. You can choose the following submission options. We accept payment from PayPal only. Click on the “Buy Now” button for the payment. And it will redirect you to the our Photoshop Tutorials Submission form after the payment is successful.
1) Premium Submission ($50 usd)
We will review your photoshop tutorial within 48 hours, however it does not guarantee your tutorial will be accepted. It will be published on the Frontpage of Photoshop Lady. Your tutorial will stay on the top on the homepage for at least 24 hours. The post will be staying on Photoshop Lady permanently. We will refund you the payment if your tutorial has been rejected.
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
“Skull” is Colombian digital artist Santiago Betancur Salazar’s last project. Salazar has his own website, which exhibits his fabulous works with different styles. The reason why he presents his “Skull” here is he loves skull, so he shares his works.
Photos belows generally show Salazar’s working process with “Skull” by Photoshop. Skull itself is terrific enough, and Salazar created this “Skull” with creepy grey metal effects. The exquisite vein and muscle details prove Salazar’s skills and attitude. No matter seeing from the front or from the profile, Salazar’s Skull is naturally mixed together with its background, a grey metal skull emerging from its gray tenacious and unbreakable background.
Here we got the best inspirations and design resources around the world. Some of the most inspiring images selected by our writers and readers. Take a look at the links we have selected for your inspiration and to keep you updated about what’s going on out there. If you want to participate and share your graphic design inspiration, please feel free to let us know. You can also check out Webdesigner News for more great content from around the web that can be interest to web designers.
Giza Pro Typeface
4K Magazine PSD Mockup
Boris Khalvadjian – Branding
60 Days of Logos
55+ Elements UI Kit
Illustrator Vs Photoshop
Want more? No problem! Keep track of top design news from around the web with Webdesigner News.
Photoshop Lady is established in April 2008. We have been growing really fast within these six months. Photoshop Lady has been featured on many popular websites and blogs and has been received a lot of positive feedback.
Photoshop Lady aims to collect the best and free photoshop tutorials around the internet. Photoshop Lady is updated daily. User can add your favorite photoshop tutorials simply by clicking “Add to Favorite”, so that users can revisit them at any time.
Currently, there are over 10,000 RSS readers with over 200,000 unique visitors and over 800,000 page views / month. Our visitors consist mainly of professional designers from all over the globe with the majority located in the US. You can find more details about each ads zones below or via BuySellAds.
Small Banner Ads
The banners are located at the Top of the Blog. The banner ad will appear on every single page of the blog. The banner size is 160x100px. You will receive over 800,000 impressions every month, the banners are static and will not be rotated. There are only 0 / 4 ads spots are available. The cost of Top Small Banner Ads is $280/month.
Leaderboard Banner Ads
The banners are located After the 1st/2nd Blog Post. The banner ad will appear on every single page of the blog. The banner size is 728x90px. You will receive over 800,000 impressions every month, the banners are static and will not be rotated. There are only 0 / 1 ads spots are available. The cost of Top Small Banner Ads is $380/month.
Skyscraper Banner Ads
The banners are located at the Left Side of the Blog. The banner size is 200x400px. You will receive over 800,000 impressions every month, the banners are static and will not be rotated. There are only 1/1 ads spot available. The cost of Sidebar Large Banner Ads is $350/month
If you are interested, please feel free to make a puchase via BuySellAds.