Your Favourite Photoshop Tutorials in One Place
- Photoshop is recommended for this tutorial -
Adam Spizak is senior designer & art director from London, United Kingdom. He has already shown multiple marvelous works created on his own website.
Adam Spizak made this piece of art with photoshop. He shows simple and easy steps here. As for the theme, he explains in his words, “Cold is the water It freezes your already cold mind Already cold, cold mind And death is at your doorstair And it will steal your innocence But it will not steal your substance”. He is expressing the connection among coldness, death and fragment of life. Using a shattered mirror effect with the dark blue background, the theme presents itself naturally.
Posters are great avenues to showcase one’s creativity. They allow artists to express themselves in countless ways. Posters are designed to be both eye-catching and convey information. The followings will show you some sophisticated artworks printed on quality posters which can admire yourself.
“Skull” is Colombian digital artist Santiago Betancur Salazar’s last project. Salazar has his own website, which exhibits his fabulous works with different styles. The reason why he presents his “Skull” here is he loves skull, so he shares his works.
Photos belows generally show Salazar’s working process with “Skull” by Photoshop. Skull itself is terrific enough, and Salazar created this “Skull” with creepy grey metal effects. The exquisite vein and muscle details prove Salazar’s skills and attitude. No matter seeing from the front or from the profile, Salazar’s Skull is naturally mixed together with its background, a grey metal skull emerging from its gray tenacious and unbreakable background.
In this tutorial, it will demonstrate you how to create a realistic 3D snooker ball. It is not difficult to make. Hope you will find it interesting. To create a 3D design, the shadow and reflection are always the most important elements to think of. Once you get familiar, your design will become awesome.
My final result for the 3D snooker balls will be as this:
1. The first thing to do is the background. Choose the combination colour brown & yellow – #bdc68d .
2. Combine it with my chosen texture and set the opacity = 50% as below. (You can download the texture from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bittbox/2118265369/sizes/l/
3. After complete the background, we can actually create the snooker ball. And I have chosen the ball in brown colour – #b79e3a. Using Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a simple circle, then fill the colour by gradient tool >radial gradient as below.
4. The brown circle is created, we can move on the next step, making some shadow for the ball. Go to Select > Modify > Contract by 20 Pixel.
5. After the contraction, create a new layer. Then using the gradient tool to fill in the black colour and adjust the gradient editor setting as below:
6. Using the blur tool > Gaussan Blur to the previous painted (black) colour. Set your Blur Radius = 5 pixel.
7. You should achieve the ball similar as below. Then let’s go to make the reflection effect for the ball.
8. Move the elliptical circle into the upper part. And then fill the colour in gradient > radial gradient and set the colour as below.
9. Press ctrl, then move the pointer to the ball’s layer thumbnail. Then elliptical circle will move back to the ball. Then press ctrl + Shift + I to select the rest bit of the circle. And you can delete the colour out of the circle. You should achieve the ball as following.
10. Using the above-mentioned skill, make the elliptical circle and apply the contraction to the circle set the radius as 6 pixel. Fill the circle in white colour and set Opacity into 80%. Then repeat the same step to make one more circle with 8 pixel. Then delete the colour inside the small circle. Use the eraser to make the upper bit reflection, it should be like the curve at final
Here you have to try the adjustment of Opacity & blur until the result reaches your satisfaction because the strength of reflection really rely on these adjustments. Here you go, it is my result.
11. For the shadow at the bottom, you just need to simply create an ellipse circle by elliptical circle tool, fill it in black by “paint bucket tool”. Apply the blur > Gaussian Blur into 6 – 8 pixel.
12. The last step is to simply add a white circle in the centre and add the number.
13. Duplicate the layers, to create one more ball in red, and you should be able to achieve the scene as below.
Hope you can enjoy and this tutorial can give you an idea to develop your personal 3D object.
Thank you very much!
There are thousands of photoshop tutorial authors have been able to gain exposure, traffic and recognition by submitting their own photoshop tutorials to Photoshop Lady. Just fill in the following form for the submission. After moderation, your submitted photoshop tutorials will be appear on all single pages of Photoshop Lady, and gain instant traffic for Free immediately.
Happy New Year! Photoshop Lady Group would like to say thank you very much to everyone who has been supporting Photoshop Lady in the past and we do hope our contents can inspire and help you with your artwork creation. Some published great tutorials from 2014 have been selected in this article and hope you guys like them. Enjoy!
Emi Haze is a calm, quiet, really creative, and inspired perfectionist. For him, everything has its own importance, images, textures, sounds and fragrances.
In his recent works he tried to merge the human body with nature or rather with the four elements of fire, air, water and earth, and even with a fifth esoteric element: the Aristotelian ether, that includes all the others, the essence of celestial bodies, eternal and unchangeable in comparison with the earth as a place of change. The result is the vision of his imaginative world hanging between reality and fantasy, dream and utopia and in which color and sensitivity have the predominant role.
His artwork “Cosmogony Reloaded” is just the outcome of this idea to be part of the Photoshop 25th Anniversary special advertising campaign. “Cosmogony Reloaded” is on the short film which was featured during the Academy Award Oscars 2015 ceremony.